Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 9

This cracks Mom up, its the giant dinosaur at the used car lot by 4 Paws
Monty, me and Dad


Monty hogging the bed, the ears are always there...

Ehlena, Ashley and me



Wow, only one more day of class. Today was lots of lecturing by Jeremy, and I was super tired, so I did crash after lunch. It was a perfect day in Xenia, blue skies, 70 something and the trees are so pretty. Monty does so well, and did well with all the seizure "fakes" today. Mom tested him in the hotel and he came running and barked. What a good boy. Tomorrow morning is the public access testing at the mall. This time Mom will remember the van. (Last year she just walked to the mall, oops) Monty will do well. He did really well at Superwalmart, and did fine in Max and Erma's, he just decided he preferred the aisle over being under the table, so we will work on that, maybe a booth is not the place for him.
He still seems very tired. I guess we all are.


This has been another amazing 4 Paws experience, meeting all sorts of people from all walks of life with kids with a huge range of disabilites. Everyone is unique and precious. Taylor reminds my Mom so much of Matt, who she babysat when she was young, in the way she talks and her special smile. She has such a wonderful family, really, all the kids do.


One more night in Beavercreek, hard to believe. Then the hard work begins. Mom is going to retrain Emma (ha, like that is possible) she never would even behave at 4 Paws, so Monty is the opposite dog, but we can't wait for them to meet and have so much fun.

2 comments:

fullsoulahead.com said...

Can't believe it's our last day! It's been so nice sitting next to you and Margaret and your crew through the training.

Please stay in touch!

Woof!

Anonymous said...

I'm SO GLAD to hear Monty is getting the "fake" seizures. I know he'll get the real ones once he settles into his new home. I really wish I could have finished out the week with you guys. It was SO FUN being there and it was a life-changing experience. All the families were so wonderful. What an emotional week! I hope you have a very safe trip home and I'll be anxious to see you guys next weekend! Love to all!