Saturday, January 12, 2008

Our Day at Universal











I am so tired. I didn't get my nap today, but wow, what a day. Mom got up about 8:15, and everyone else was still asleep. The GKTW people called not long after to check in, and she told them we were still asleep, but they didn't seem to care. Anyway, after breakfast and everyone's showers, we went to Universal. We went straight to the Barney show. We only had to wait about 10 minutes. A guy named Peek a Boo came out first, he was here yesterday at GKTW. He's kinda like Professer Tinkerpot, but I like him better. He remembered me from yesterday, and said I was Barney's Number 1 fan. It was so exciting to go into the show. The lights got really dark and then, pow, bright lights and there was Barney! I was so excited. We were only about 10 feet from the whole show. I knew all of the songs and sang along. I wanted to stand the whole time, but they wouldn't let me. "We're on our Way to Grandpa's Farm," "If All the Raindrops," "Hey Mr. Knickerbocker," "If You're Happy and You Know It," and of course "I Love You." After the show all the kids left but me and and neat kid named Ben who loves Barney too. I got the longest hug, Barney rubbed my arm. I didn't want to ever let go. Ben needed a turn, so I did let go. Then we got to go into Barney's Backyard and play with some stuff and then have another picture with Barney. Jacob wouldn't be in any of the pictures with Barney. We also saw Scooby Doo, Woody Woodpecker, Curious George, The Man with the Yellow Hat, Dora, and Sponge Bob Squarepants. We ate lunch at the NBA City so Jacob could watch the Kentucky game. We walked around Universal, it is a very cool place, and saw a big shark and some guys on stilts that looked like King Tut.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, Jacob, what's your problem??? Sounds like you guys are having a great time and we wish we could be there with you! We can't wait to hear all of your stories, Margaret! We love you! Auntie Laura, Uncle Al, Andrew, Grace, and Sami

Anonymous said...

It's early morning and Grandpa K is up. I looked out the dinning room window to see if the paper had come and here was a deer walking in my front yard. I didn't see Barney so it's not as exciting. You will have lots of stories to tell me when you get home. I'm glad you are having fun!!! Grandpa K

Anonymous said...

I have been following your adventures all week. What fun you are having, I'm jealous! All those hugs from Barney must be great!

Anonymous said...

Good morning Margaret! Thank you so much for keeping us up-to-date on your wonderful trip. Kat and Hillary are both extremely jealous you met Ariel. The Little Mermaid has always been one of their favorites too. I also wanted to let you know that although Molly misses you, she is doing just fine. Kat is taking a quick trip to Cedar Rapids today, so Hillary, Thom and I will make sure Molly gets the best of care in Kat's absence. We miss you and can't wait to hear more about your adventure. The Baustians

Wyatt's Dog said...

Margaret,
I hope you are having a really good time. I don't think Barney is a velociraptor so you can't be scared. I hope you like your big vacation. Too bad you can't bring Barney home. He would like to sing with you. You look happy.
Wyatt

SHELLY said...

HI MARGARET (AND THE WHOLE GAER FAMILY) - Sorry to hear that it rained and you didn't go to Sea World - maybe another day. At least you got to the outlet mall and were able to do some shopping. Did you buy a some special souvenirs of your trip? I saw the pictures of you with Barney, I hope you will get me a copy of those pictures for the photo album at the WISH office. I pray you continue to have a good trip and a safe airplane ride home. See you soon! Shelly with Make-A-Wish

Anonymous said...

Quillan loves the pictures of you and Barney! He can't wait to hear all about how much fun you're having. Tell Jacob that he's a pickle and that he should have a picture with Barney on his myspace! Love, Maridith and Quillan.

HopeForSydney.com said...

Hi Margaret, It lookds like you had a lovely trip!
We were the first Dravet family to get a dog form 4 Paws, his name is Rooney. You are going to LOVE your dog!!! You can see Rooeny on our web page at www.HoprForSydney.com
Love Dina and Sydney in KY