Monday, January 14, 2008

The Animal Kingdom

Birds at the Animal Kingdom
Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy

The horse named Cody


Alice from Wonderland



The nice dog named Charlotte




The life sized Candyland





Wow, a full day and I'm tired and not being very nice. We got up late this morning and its chilly, but covered up in the wheelchair and headed over to see Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. When we turned the corner, there they were with Pluto and Goofy and Alice from Wonderland. They were all very nice to me. Alice held my hand and talked to me in her British accent. She is very pretty. We went in for the formal pics, and then wheeled over to the Korral. I left my pajamas on all day. I had my fleece on and my new Tinkerbell Blanket on my legs. At the Korral there were 2 horses and a pony. I got to ride the horse named Cody for about 5 minutes. The people were very nice, and the lady that owned the horses had on her winter coat. These Florida people are silly. We came back to the Villa and woke Jacob up again (at 11) so we could go to the Animal Kingdom. There are so many animals. We rode the Safari Ride, saw some acrobats and African musicians, and went to the Bug 3-D movie. By then I was way too tired, so we came back for a nap. I want to go to Skate West. My parents can't believe it, but I do. My Mom is going to get a massage and a pedicure after we get home. I'm not sure about my Dad, and Jacob is going to go back to Iowa City so he can sleep when he wants to. We are eating lots of the free ice cream and scrambled eggs. We'll see how tomorrow goes, it might be kinda chilly again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margaret
It's really cold here at home. It's only 8 degrees. Be glad you are there where you can be outside. How did your horse ride go. As good a Roxy?? It will be good to have you home so you can tell grandma and I all about your trip. Grandpa K

Anonymous said...

When you were at Animal Kingdom did you see the cool tree people? They blend in with the trees. I am glad the trip is going so great. I wish I was in my pajamas all day. But my pajamas are not as cute as yours are. Looking forward to seeing the video of the fireworks and everything else. We miss your and your family.

Unknown said...

Wow Margaret - you've had some very full days! What has been the best part for you? Did that Bug movie scare you? I jumped out of my seat when I saw it. Did you get to see the Tarzan show? He looks better than the bugs! :) I love all the dogs you sent pictures of. Enjoy your last day there. We'll see you soon. Jo

SHELLY said...

HI MARGARET -
It sounds like you have been having a good time inspite of the cooler weather. At least you are in Florida and not Iowa today - jeepers kreepers it's suppose to get below zero here this week. You will need your winter coat when you get off the airplane here in Des Moines. I forgot about the horseback riding until I saw your picture on Cody - it's too bad you didn't get to have a longer ride. It sounds like you've been having lots of ice cream just like all the other WISH kids that stay at GKTW. Take care and have a safe trip home. I bet Molly has missed you all this week. Continue to enjoy your trip. Shelly