Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Training Day 7 and 8







Hi everyone. Thanks for checking in. Seems lots going on. I have a cold and feel pretty crummy, I spent all day in bed so far, Mom had to take Emma and Grandma and Grandpa to class while Dad stayed back at the RI with me. I have had a few seizures, one when Emma wasn't here, one when she was here, but she doesn't get it yet. Jeremy the trainer said it would take time before she will get it. She's never been trained at night or in the dark. Please pray she gets it, cause Mom is sad about it so far. She is such a smart dog and is doing so well. She is so cute when she speaks when we ask her to check the bag with the seizure shirt in it.


The top picture is of our new friends Mary, Doug and Max, Next is Emma "Sitting Pretty" and the next one is Emma napping on my leg. She is just so cute.


Last night was a cookout with the other families at the RI, I sat and watched the kids swim. BJ and Caytie have been especially nice to me, Caytie played ball with me for a little while. Doug's Mom, Mary, sang Part of Your World to me while I took my pills. Everyone is so nice, and they all have their hands full.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

margaret and sally,

Even if emma takes a while to get the seizures, won't she still be a great companion for Margaret?

We miss you guys, come home soon. I have been watering the pots in front, they look beautiful,

Sheila

Anonymous said...

Margaret,
don't give up hope. I know that Emma will understand her job soon. And when she does, wouldn't she be great for you and your Mom.
I hope you get over your cold soon.
Just a bummer for have a cold in the summer.
See you soon. take care and give Emma a hug from me.
Lisa H.

Anonymous said...

We've had bad colds at our house too. Mary and Matt can't wait to come over and meet Emma. Erin's like me and a little afraid of dogs, but I'm sure Emma will be nice to us.

Mrs. Lowe