Saturday, March 13, 2010

Med increase begins

After another 5:45 am seizure, I hesitatingly gave her the increased med dose in the am.  First day of spring break.  We have nothing going on, so she can sleep for a week.  Our Ashley came over to help today, and I went out with my friend Carol.  At 2, Ashley calls to report she's been seizing for 5 minutes.  I'm 20 minutes away.  I give her the options, but mostly, if her lips are pink and it appears her breathing is fine, not much to do except administer some oral ativan and wait it out. 

My friend drops me back at the car dealership, where I got my oil changed and tires rotated, and immediately call Ash to see if I need to buzz home.  Nope, she's done, she's sleeping.  Whew.  Monty did nothing, asked Ashley to treat him and "Good Boy."  She reported that Monty made more of an effort when they "all fall down" during ring around the rosy.  6 seizures now under the new plan, and my confidence that this will work is waning.

New class at 4 Paws this week, and one of the dogs alerted day two to a myclonic seizure.  My heart just dropped.  For us.  Glad for them, despair for us.
http://www.4pawsfordanny.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

fullsoulahead.com said...

: (

So sorry Sally. Sending you love.