Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It's been a very tough week

For starters, we have seen more seizures in this past week than we can remember in a LONG time.  All in all, it has made for a tremdous lack of sleep and well being.  Since Jan 25th Margs has had 3 prolonged seizures, 15 minutes or more.  Various and sundry other seizures, and all during sleep.  The prolonged have been during the day, so I was able to video tape and try to get what the dog(s) are doing during a seizure.  Which is nothing without prompting.  Video burned on to a DVD and off to 4 Paws for trainer evaluation to see if there is any fix.  The most recent seizure, brief, but none the less causing the flashlight to be on and magnet to be swiped, was reacted to by Monty with nothing.  As I tried to get him excited and involved, he barely lifted his head from the bed and gave me a look as if I woke his beauty sleep.  This is causing some mild depression in me, since I've been down this road before.  I am letting go as much as I can and letting God.  That is all, at this point, I can do.

As for seizure control, hmm, that is also very hard.  Steve is ready to jump on the more med band wagon, and I am very hesitant.  She does have a cold, so I am pointing to that for the reason.  We shall see in 2 more weeks where we stand.

No comments: