Sunday, December 23, 2007

Initial Start Up

Hi, I am Margaret and I am almost 18 years old. I am going to Florida on January 10 to meet Barney. This trip is made possible by Make A Wish, and I am so thankful that I get to go. I have loved Barney all of my life. I was granted a Wish because I have Dravet's Syndrome, a rare form of epilepsy that makes me take lots of medicine. I have had 2 surgeries to implant Vagus Nerve Stimulators: the first one for the initial implant, and the second one to replace the burned out generator. I have had 4 seizures in the past 2 days, but that is not typical. I am also going to get a service dog in August from a great place called 4 Paws for Ability. This dog will be trained to hopefully warn us that I'm going to have a seizure, as well as tell me to stop being naughty when I'm being kinda mean. I already want to pack and meet Barney, but my parents tell me that I have to wait a little longer. I can't wait to open presents tomorrow, because we do our family Christmas on Christmas Eve morning, and then go to my Grandma and Grandpa's church and sing "Silent Night" in the dark with candles. After that, which is one of my very favorite things of the whole year, we go back to Grandma and Grandpa's and open more presents. The next day, we go to my other Grandparents and open more gifts with the other side of the family. It's all very exhausting, but very exciting. I will let you know how it all goes.

Margaret

8 comments:

Patti said...

How fun! How exciting that you get to go meet Barney!

Do you know what kind of dog you are getting? Do you know the dog's name?

Merry Christmas!

Barb said...

Hello Margaret,

We are so happy that soon you'll be on your way to meet Barney. How exciting!! We'll be checking your blog every day for pictures. Have fun.

Have fun tonight at Grandpa and Grandma's house. Tell everyone "hi" for us. Merry Christmas!

The Buschers

Sue Swanson said...

Margaret:
Have lots of fun in the sun and be sure to tell Barney "hello" from the Swanson boys!!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!!
We look forward to the pictures, have a great trip.
Sue Swanson

CandisK said...

How exciting that you get to go to Florida to meet Barney! You will have so much fun!I can't wait to see pictures:

Have a merry Christmas!

Mike and Candy Culp

Auntie Laura said...

Hi Margaret!
We wish we could go with you to meet Barney! That sounds like a lot of fun. We had a lot of fun with you at Grandma's last night. We hope you like the gifts we gave you. The puzzles look like fun! We love you very much and Jesus does too!
Auntie Laura, Uncle Al, Andrew, Grace, and Sami

Deb G. said...

Hi Margaret - This is a very cool blog you have going! I hope you had a great Christmas and a warm trip to Florida in January. Tell Barney I said "Hi" and have fun! :)

Deb G.

Brenda Meyer said...

Hi Margaret!

I'm new to this "blogging" thing, so thanks for introducing me to it! Sounds like you have a big, exciting trip before you! Barney was an important guy in our house, too, so I can understand your excitement in FINALLY getting to meet him! And, it will be great to be in Florida in January!

Say "hi" to Mom, Dad and Jacob for us, as well!

Happy New Year!

Brenda, Brian, Karsten & Abrah Meyer

SHELLY said...

Dear Margaret and family,
Thank you for sharing your blog site with me. It has been a pleasure meeting your family. I read how busy your Christmas holdiay has been. I hope Santa was able to find you and bring you just what you were wishing for. I will be coming to your house soon to bring your wish information to you and your schedule of fun and when you will be meeting Barney - just think maybe he will bring some of his friends with him. That would be awesome. I will share you blog spot with some other Make-A-Wish friends. They always like to hear about the other WISH KIDS. TAKE CARE - and I will be calling you in the next week or so.